The Liebster award is created to support and help advertise blogs with under 200 followers. I was nominated by Marianne, from Storyscope. Thank you, Marianne!
About the rules
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.*
- Answer the 11 questions that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
* Please note the image of the Liebster award was taken from one of the blogs that nominated me. If there is a problem with the ownership of this image, please let me know and I will immediately take it down.
Here are my answers for Marianna’s questions:
1. Which book quote do you find inspiring?
That question is like asking me which book is my favourite. Oh, God. I have to pick. Okay, here it is: Loneliness is the human condition. Cultivate it. The way it tunnels into you allows your soul room to grow. Never expect to outgrow loneliness.––Janet Fitch
2. What is the last book you did not finish?
This one was a while back (couple of years actually). I couldn’t finish The Devil in Silver by Victor LaValle. The colour contrast on the cover drew me in (before my Book Design course, I thought the cover was good), but I couldn’t finish the rest of the book. I was hoping for this book to have some features that One Who Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest has, but The Devil in Silver is a poor man’s rendition of that wonderful book.
3. Do you have a favourite bookshop?
Yes! I love The Violet Door.
4. Of all the books you have read, which book impressed you the most?
White Oleander by Janet Fitch. It’s practially my bible of sorts.
5. What shape would your patronus take?
The cat or the dire wolf (yeah, not the wolf, BUT the dire wolf, thank you very much). I may be tiny, but I am mighty.
6. Where do you blog?
7. Do you write anything else besides blog posts?
I always have my journal with my odd writings and such. I was a journalism student back in the day, and I was also a creative writing student, so writing is in my blood.
8. Do you rather read during the day or at night?
Night. I’m definitely a night owl.
9. Last book that made you cry?
The Nightingale by Hannah Kristin. I wasn’t expecting that kind of ending, and the characters have haunted me ever since I finished it.
10. Do you own any special editions?
I have eight out of the nine Subterranean Press editions (most of them are signed and numbered) of Kelley Armstrong’s books. I would love to find the only one I don’t have: Angelic. I guard them with my life, and no one, except for me, touches them. Or I’ll go full nuke on the poor bastard.
11. What is your favourite pastime besides reading?
Writing, although I haven’t as of late, besides my blog, of course. I love to hike as well, but this blasted heat wave gets in the way of things, like living.
Here are eleven facts about me:
- I’m an only child, but I have siblings (blood and choosen ones).
- I haven’t finished the entire Harry Potter series, but I’ve watched the entire movie series (I plan to rectify that problem shortly, or Dana may hurt me).
- I’ve almost died three times.
- I know how to put in an IV. I’m not sure if I’m proud or scared of that accomplishment.
- I hate when books are damaged. And secretly, I want to punch the people from inventory or the shipping company.
- I organize my books by size, unless they’re from a favourite author or a series, then they’re together that way. Within each size, I organize them by preference.
- I collect snowglobes and cups. I usually collect Halloween and Christmas ones.
- I simply love The Nightmare before Christmas, and I’ve collected a few items.
- I hate tea and coffee, but I’m a hot chocolate fiend, even though I don’t like a lot of chocolate. (I often contradict myself as well.)
- Kelley Armstrong is the the reason why I became a book publishing student at Ryerson. Bitten inspired me to get into this industry (if only I can find a bloody internship).
- I hate peacocks and blue jays. Both tried to attack me, and I would like nothing more than to blow them up. Now I sound like Sheldon.
I nominate the following bloggers:
- Dana from Dana and the Books (you are the one who pushed me to be a book blogger, and we are evil twins!)
- Read Junkie
- Michael from There Are Books
- Stephanie from Between Folded Pages (you were one of my first followers, so I have to nominate you!)
- Alyssa from Little Sparrow Books
You don’t need to participate if you don’t wish to do so.
Here are the questions I ask you:
- Which character annoyed you the most in the Harry Potter series? (If you haven’t read it, you can pick another series.)
- Which book(s) do you hate to love?
- What is the last book that has inspired you?
- What would you do for the rarest and most-coveted book you’ve ever wanted?
- What is your patronus?
- What was the last book that completely gutted you?
- Which author do you hate with a vengence?
- What do you do when someone interupts you reading?
- What are your other hobbies, besides reading and blogging?
- Which characters would you screw-marry-kill? They can be from any series. (I had to go there. Sorry!)
- What format do you prefer: paperback, hardcover, or ebook?
Thank you, Marianne, for nominating me. I’m honoured! I’m eager to see everyone’s responses. 🙂