Morning book lovers,
Please tell me that I’m not the only person who’s trying to figure out what time it is. I don’t mind daylight saving time and the longer sunlight, but I need an extra day to recuperate.
I found this tag on Berries and Books. Before you get to my post, why don’t you send Dora some love! You’ll love her blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about to do this tag
Why did you start blogging and why have you kept blogging?
I first started blogging because my friend and fellow blogger Dana convinced me to create one. I also wanted more experience in the publishing field. What kept me blogging is you. My friends have kept me from quitting this blog. And I couldn’t be more happy with being a part of the book blogging family.
What is your favourite type of post to write?
Even though Novelties is a book blog, I enjoy writing tags and discussion posts more than I do with reviews. Don’t get me wrong though. I like reviews, but I truly shine with the former.
What are your top three blog posts?
Most of my favourite blog posts have been a part of Beyond the Blurb, a discussion series I founded. I’ve covered many topics. However, here are my top three:
- Badass Female Leads Deserve Equal Respect as Males
- Addressing Sexual Assault in YA Books
- The Struggles of Blogging with a Mental Illness
What are your five favourite things?
Organizing (not as much as Kal), reading, volunteering, writing, and listening to music.
What are your proudest blogging moments?
So getting to 500 followers may have taken me almost three years, but I got there. And I cannot explain how bloody giddy I am over this achievement! Thank you for all of the support.
Another moment is when I talked with Leigh Bardugo on Twitter. I STILL FREAK OUT OVER THIS, GUYS.
What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
I love volunteering at one of my local thrift stores. The place I work has helped my Mom and me, so I wanted to pay it forward by donating my time. I’ve been there for more than four years. And yes, I work in the book department, but I’ve spread out through every single other department now.
Describe your personality in three words
Sarcastic, stubborn, and deadly (don’t ever give me something something stabby)
What are your top three pet peeves?
- I’m starting to loathe how the people I’ve known for years are using hatred to justify their shitty personality. I get it. You hate certain people, races, or whatever else. But I don’t need to see this negativity all over my feeds.
- When people say that if we don’t like something, we should just walk away and not comment. And yet those said people attack you for the same reason.
- I can’t stand when people say mental illness is simply treatable. Have you forgot about Robin Williams? Do you think it’s not a disability that others suffer from? Honestly, if I could stop taking my medication, I would. I’d love not to have my mental illnesses. But I can’t. They’re a part of me now.
What’s something that your followers don’t know about you?
I’ve been rather honest and open on my blog. So there are many things you already know. Falling in love with reading took me longer than typical readers. You all know I helped teach my Mom how to read, but you don’t know that I often felt guilty for learning more than what she could. But she convinced me that she loves seeing me read even if sometimes I completely forget to do some tasks. So I didn’t truly fall in love with books until I was around 13.
Okay, I went a little personal. Hopefully, I haven’t scared anyone away. If you’re still here and want to do this somewhat personal tag, don’t hesitate to link back to my post!