Ah, another month has passed. I’m glad but somewhat sad to see it go. May is always a fantastic month for readers. So I’m happy to see my TBR list grow.
I’ve kept quiet on my personal life, but I have to say that even though I’m struggling, I know the book community is keeping me sane. So I want to thank everyone for all the support.
So while May is gone, I am eager to see what June will bring.
The reading slump is over. I am saved. I have risen from the ashes. Okay, that‘s a bit dramatic. But I’m ecstatic to get back to reading.
The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi
Roshani deserves all these stars and all my love. I cannot get a copy of The Silvered Serpents soon enough. Each character adds to this decadent storyline. I adore them all.
Sunshine and Bullets by Coralee June
I knew I should have trusted my gut and read the series sooner. This dark reverse harem romance got me through a rough part of my life, and it kept me afloat.
If I could protect Ryker from the horrors of this society, I would. He’s my favourite, but Gavriel is definitely right behind him. Expect a review soon!
Summer and Smoke by Coralee June
Coralee met my expectations. And while no other sequel can top Sunshine and Bullets, it deserves its place in this dark, rich, and intense series. We get more backstory as to what happened to each man and see how Sunshine and the Bullets’ history still play a role in their lives.
That cliffhanger though killed me!
Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
⭐️⭐️⭐️¾ or ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
As I write this post, I’m almost done the book. So I am not sure what my final rating will be. But I love this space opera. Surprisingly, Finian stands out the most. And I love his rep.
I was hoping for more fleshed out characters. However, there are two more sequels after this novel. So I’m okay with that issue.
May was the best month for releases. I finally took the plunge and bought myself the Owlcrate Finale box. And I am still at awe with all of the goodies in it. And even though the exclusive cover is slightly different from the trade edition, I’m thrilled I got the chance to own it. It’s definitely one of my favourites.
I am looking forward to get to it and the rest in my TBR pile.
- Love and Lead by Coralee June
- Finale by Stephanie Garber (trade and Owlcrate exclusive edition)
- Broken Throne by Victoria Aveyard
- Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson
Now, it’s my favourite part of this post: the blog hop. I wish I could show off all of your posts. May was hectic and emotionally draining. But I loved reading these posts.
- Give it to Ally from Ally Writes Things to call out every single reader. Her discussion post about types of reviewers is a great read!
- Bibi from Bibi’s Book Blog is celebrating her bloggerversary. If you haven’t taken a look, she’s also hosting a giveaway!
- Vicky from Vicky Who Reads offers us an informative and helpful guide of bookish acronyms.
- Sara from Bibliophagist discusses low-rated books she loved reading. I love this topic!