You don’t know how much I needed to step away from everything and just dedicate some real time to reading. My life is beyond stressful, so I needed that time away. Have you ever felt the same?
I want to thank Meeghan from Meeghan Reads for nominating me! Darling, I love you. And don’t you dare skip over her blog. Head over now and give her love.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Which fictional character best displays your values?
A mix between Aelin and Manon, which may be a bad combination.
What is your favourite book you’ve read so far this year, and why?
Sunshine and Bullets may be at the top of my list. But so is The Gilded Wolves. For the former, even if it had some flaws, I fell hard for it. It’s a darkly twisted reverse harem. But I breezed through it in about twenty-four hours. For the latter, Roshani created such a rich, detailed, and unique storyline that resonates with me.
What is your favourite book-to-movie adaptation?
I might have to say White Oleander. I watched the movie before I read the book. But both are authentic. I don’t know why I keep coming back to it, but it came into my life at the right time.
Which fictional character do you think would be the most boring to meet in real life?
I’m sorry to say that Clary from TMI and Alina from the Grisha Trilogy would be it. Both of them are whiny.
What is one thing you do to unwind?
Finding a quiet place to listen to music, even instrumental, seems to calm me down most of the time.
If you could pick any author to write a fairytale retelling, who would you pick and which fairytale?
I’d love for Marissa Meyer to do a sci-fi retelling of Beauty and the Beast. I’m not sure if I’d want it in the Lunar Chronicles, but I’d be thrilled if it were.
What’s the best book title you’ve ever heard of?
I love Sorcery of Thorns, House of Salt and Sorrows, and Likel1k3!
Who is your OTP or bookish BFF?
I do not have enough time to list off most of my OTPs. I’d be here all night. But honestly, if I were friends with Magnus Bane, I’d probably be ecstatic.
If you could control one element (earth, air, fire or water), which would you choose?
Duh, fire, of course. If I would control lightning, I’d take that.
Who is your favourite fictional animal? (i.e., not just dragons, but Kozu from The Last Namsara)
I’ll never stop loving Abraxos. He smells flowers. Really, how can I not adore him?!
What is your favourite way to treat yourself?
I used to hate shopping by myself. But I’ve grown to love it though. When I need some time by myself, I’ll head to my local Indigo and just spend as much time as I need there.
- How many unread books do you own?
- Which one do you want to read next?
- Which book you don’t understand why so many people love it?
- What series do you not want to finish for whatever reason?
- Which author has disappointed you the most? Why?
- What fictional world do you think you’d survive there the longest?
- If you could write a retelling, what one would it be?
- Which book reminds you of your favourite season/holiday?
- If you could meet any author, even if you’re afraid to meet said person, who would it be?
- What book-to-move adaptations are you anticipating the most?
- When do you know to quit a book?