I’m back! I took needed a much-needed hiatus from the online world and my blog. I didn’t want to spread myself too thin with everything going on, so I took some time off.
I want to thank Misty from Misty’s Book Space for nominating me! Please give her some love, yes?
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.
What was the last book you strongly disliked?
The Girl the Sea Gave Back didn’t sit well with me. I wanted to love it. And while I enjoyed it, I think my expectations were a tad too high for what I read.
How does your star rating system work for your reviews (if you use one)?
5 star: Loved it
4: Liked it a lot, but had a few issues
3: Liked it, but had several issues
2: Didn’t like since it had many problems
1: Hated it
What are your favorite pizza toppings?
Pepperoni, onions, red and green peppers, and sausage! Sometimes, I enjoy some pineapple (fight me)
Would you rather read a great plot with mediocre characters, or a boring plot with amazing characters?
Oh no, not this question. Okay, I’ll pick amazing characters.
How many books are you currently reading, and which one is your favorite so far?
I’m currently reading one e-ARC. But my last favourite is Broken Wings! I love me some dark high school romance.
What was the last book review you posted?
HAHA. I’ve been in a review slump since August. But the last one is DEV1AT3.
Do you prefer MG, YA, NA, or adult books?
I’m starting to prefer NA and adult more than anything lately. But I adore YA though.
Is there a popular author you’re NOT interested in reading anything by? (Elaborate if you’re comfortable doing so!)
Tomi Adeyemi and Justina Ireland are at the top of my list. Tomi attacked Nora Roberts, and Justina attacked Asian women. Need I say more?
What marginalized rep would you most strongly like to see more of in books?
I would love more mental illness rep. Unfortunately, I don’t see a lot of it though. But it needs to be done properly though. Making fun of mental health or not representing it correctly will hurt readers.
Do you listen to music while reading?
No, I cannot. If I do, I’ll find myself humming to the song, not reading the book.
Do you prefer book twitter or bookstagram?
Bookstagram, which I’m not involved in. Book Twitter is a bit too…psychotic.
- What was the last book that made you cozy warm?
- What marginalized rep would you most strongly like to see more of in books?
- What was the last book you couldn’t finish?
- Who’s your new favourite character?
- Do you like spooky books?
- What’s your most recent scary read?
- What are you planning to be for Halloween?
- What is your favourite age category (MG, YA, NA, etc.)
- What most recently published book are you worried in reading?
- What’s your guilty reading pleasures?
- Do you prefer book twitter or bookstagram?