Halloween is done. And I cannot believe it’s November already. I can’t. So this post is giving me all the sad feels, if you know what I mean.
Who else is almost close to finishing their Goodreads Challenge? I am so stoked to have read forty-six books. I just need four more to complete my fifty-book goal!
Sure, this month wasn’t as great at last month on the reading front. However, I wanted to take my time, enjoy what I was immersed in, and escape through these great reads.
Soul of Stars by Ashley Poston
I’m so sad to see this duology end. The storyline is a solid retelling. And I loved the friendship and family Ashley built.
The Bone Houses by Emily Lloyd-Jones
A uniquely original, creepy tale just in time for autumn. I’m not a huge zombie reader. But I love what Emily made in this standalone novel. Plus, I adore the goat!
Furyborn by Claire Legrand
Yes, I regret not reading it sooner. I have theories. I’m not okay. And I don’t know if I love Claire, or if I want to yell at her. I never expected so many ARCs, intriguing characters, and plot twists in one book. I’m impressed.
Lover Avenged by J. R. Ward
Rehvenge, who has hidden a deadly secret for centuries, is one character I wasn’t sure about. Okay, that’s unfair. I rather like him. And I love how he opens up to Ehlena. The storyline is explosive, and I cannot wait to read the next installment!
Broken Wings by Jaymin Eve and Tate James
I hesitated with this series. But I’m so angry with myself. I finished this book within twenty-four hours, and I couldn’t get enough of it. Sebastian Beckett is drool-worthy, and I enjoyed how Beck and Riley connected. Their love story is worth the wait.
This month in hauls was insane! I couldn’t keep up with all the new, shiny releases. Even though I’m behind on my reading, I am thrilled to get to them.
- Wicked Webs by Raven Kennedy and Coralee June
- I Hope You Get This Message by Farah Naz Rishi
- Crier’s War by Nina Varela
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
- The Beautiful by Renée Ahdieh
- Broken Wings by Jaymin Eve and Tate James
- Broken Trust by Jaymin Eve and Tate James
- Broken Legacy by Jaymin Eve and Tate James
- Hâf from Library Looter features thrillers she wants to read. Do you see any of your favourites on her list?
- Sara from Bibliophagist talks about witch books she’s read and wants to read.
- Kal from Reader Voracious gives an honest and refreshing review of Escaping from Houdini. I loved how she doesn’t hold back!
- Alana from the Bookish Chick gives her review of The Beautiful! You need to check it out.