December wasn’t a horrible month. But I was glad to see the year go. My family and I mostly stand home for the month, and we binged on horror and Christmas movies. Yes, we watch them year-round. 😂
At the end of the month, my province moved into our second lockdown, so I splurged in reading.
How was your month? Enjoy the post!
Last month was better on the reading front. And 2020 was the first year I’ve ever read 100 books. I feel accomplished. And I hope to do it again for 2021!
Anarchy by C. M. Stunich
I didn’t expect Stunich to extend the series, but she gave us two more books. Am I spoiled? Yes. Do I care? Not really. I love the series.
Victory by C. M. Stunich
The final book in the series is extreme. I didn’t know what to think. I didn’t want it to end. I wish I could get more Bernie, Vic, Aaron, Calum, Oscar, and Hael. And seeing how they turned out years later is such a tease.
Heartless by Crystal Ash
I wasn’t expecting this book to hit me so hard. But it did. And I still want to cry in a corner and not move until the next novel. Mari is slowly learning how to love Shadow, who continues to deal with his emotional and physical scars. Unfortunately, she faces more than just heartbreak from her men.
Wolf Awakened by Avery Song
Avery is a new-to-me author. I’ve seen a lot of her books, but I never took a chance with them. And I’m kicking myself for doing that. This novel is unique in the reverse harem world. The main character, Willow, also magically transforms into a man. But she can’t shift into a wolf, which puts her at risk in her world. I love Willow and her men. And I look forward to the next installments.
Savage Queen by Eva Ashwood
I’m a little sad this series is over. Grace and her men are great together. And I wish we had more books in this world.
Fire Night by Penelope Douglas
I love Penelope and the Devil’s Night series. I truly do. I just wish that she wouldn’t write epilogues that make you wanting more. Sometimes, it’s disappointing.
Kate by Tate James
The final installment in Madison Kate is different from the rest. Kate is letting the guys in and not running away from everything situation. She learns from her mistakes and puts trust into Archer, Max, and Kody. I love this change in her and the guys.
I didn’t buy a lot of books for December, but I couldn’t resist purchasing these beauties!
- A Sky beyond the Storm by Sabaa Tahir
- How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories by Holly Black
- Wings of the Walker: The Complete Series by Coralee June
- Leslie from Books Are the New Black raves about the Invisible Life of Addie LaRue. Check out the review!
- Are you looking for a time loop holiday novel? Well, Dedra from A Book Wanderer gives In a Holidaze five stars!
- I don’t spotlight a lot of bookish memes. However, I love how Meeghan from Meeghan Reads gives her followers her top picks of books with disabilities.
- Grace from Graces Gets Books loves the Legendborn and gives it five stars!
- Dini from Dini Panda Reads cannot stop loving Amari and the Night Brothers. Check out the review!