I know. This post is well over a month late. I took some time for myself. I didn’t want to be tied down to anything. And since a reading slump hit me hard, I knew it was the right time for reflection.
I hope you enjoy the post!
In January, I didn’t read a lot. I fell into a book slump, and it took a while for me to get out of it. The books I did read though were fantastic reads.
Captive of Wolves by Eva Chase
I’ve never read a novel by Eva. And I regret not picking up a book sooner. I’m an instant fan of her writing and her characters. This new series is dark but also shows the strength of a woman. I loved the new twist on fae lore and Eva’s new love interests.
Alone in the Wild by Kelley Armstrong
I haven’t visited Rockton in such a long time. And I missed Casey, Eric, and the Rockton family. This installment touched on several sensitive subjects for Casey. And I love how both she and Eric navigated them while also dealing with yet another crisis in town.
I didn’t splurge on any physical copies, but I was able to snag some free or low-priced ebooks, which I’m excited to get to!
- These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong
- Her Dark Moon by Helen Scott
- Dead of Night by Emily Goodwin
- Ruthless Princess by Rachel Van Dyken
- Deanna from A Novel Glimpse can’t stop gushing about the House in the Cerulean Sea.
- I find making a TBR list is difficult. But Lauren from Bookish Lauren has made a great list for the year.
- I love finding easy, cute posts. And Elaine from Elaine Howlin has given us just that. Take a look at these six reading memes.
- Leslie from Books Are the New Black reviewed the first three Percy Jackson books. I’m so happy she loved them!