Give it to me to forget that I was nominated twice for this award, which was created by Okoto Enigma. Rheanne @ Rheareads first nominated me back in January. And I thought I’d spread the love (rather late) to other bloggers! I haven’t been around the blogosphere lately. School’s been draining me since it started. And I thought I’d let everyone know I’m still around. I’m not dead. I repeat I’m not dead.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Nominate roughly 10-20 people for this award
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs.
- Ask your nominees five questions.
- Share a link to your best/favorite post that you’ve written
Three Things about Me
- I don’t like blue jays or peacocks. Other birds I’m fine with. But those? Nope, nope, nope. Those vicious beasts attacked me. The first one dive bombed me, then the other chased me. And now I sound more like Sheldon every day. Wonderful.
- I’m clearly camera shy. And if I could avoid getting a picture taken, I’d dive right into a shark tank.
- I’ve apologized to the books I’ve damaged. Silly and highly weird. But I feel bad for hurting my babies.
Why did you start blogging?
I’m an introvert with extrovert tendencies, so I felt compelled to start blogging. And, since I’d love to get into the publishing industry, I also wanted to get experience in the blogosphere.
If you were to meet your favourite author, who would it be and what would you do?
I think if I met Leigh Bardugo I’d combust into fangirl flames and horribly die in front of everyone. But I’d be happy for about a second though! More than likely, I’d beg for her to adopt me and to teach me the ways of Kaz Brekker. Both of them are my heroes.
What is a popular book (series) you hated?
The 50 Shades of Grey and Twilight series, which I’ve read. And somewhat The Mortal Instruments. Okay, I don’t necessarily hate TMI, but I don’t understand why some of the fans are so cutthroat. I get why some readers hate the series with all the author controversy. But you’re either a fan, a hater, a staunch hater, or a staunch lover. There is no in-between with this series. And I don’t know why people will go out of their way to point of why they love/hate the author or series. Calm down, chicklings.
What is your most memorable book blogging moment?
Having Leigh Bardugo talk with me and like my posts. She’s just liked my review of Language of Thorns. I nearly DIED. Well, I’d be happy, but very much dead.
What book are you most anticipating for 2017?
Oh, God. Why would you ask that question? That’s like asking me which book I love. Okay. Here’s my list:
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas (LOVE this one)
The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo
One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake
Warcross by Marie Lu
Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo
Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh
A Conjuring of Light by V. E. Schwab
Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab
Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
My Favourite Posts
- I loved writing my review on Three Dark Crowns. It was such a great and uniquely dark story, and somehow people loved my review.
- My review on Now I Rise was also a great post as well. I’ve just started reading Kiersten’s work, and I was eagerly awaiting to see how Lada, the female Vlad the Impaler, gets her crown back. That woman is more vicious than Hannibal Lecter.
- I miss writing my Bookish Finds series, which showcases book-related gifts. Even though it killed my bank account, I loved finding new things to buy.
- Kyra and Nikki @ Book Allure
- Darque @ Darque Dreamer Reads
- Kris @ Boston Book Reader
- Kathy @ Books & Munches
- Danielle @ Life of a Literary Nerd
- Judith @ Chain Interaction
- Candace @ Literary Dust
- Stephanie @ Between Folded Pages
- Cat @ Cat’s Shelf
- JoBeth @ Blue Binding
- Christina @ The Bookshelf Corner
- Elaine @ Howlin’ Books
- Taylor @ Nerd Narration
- Zoe @ Book Addict Rambles
- Laura @ Snazzy Book
- Meg and Leah @ Twin Reads
- Sarah @ The Critiquing Chemist
- Denna @ The Crow and Dagger
- Annike and Zoë @ Twin Tales
- Shanayah @ The Scarlet Bookkeeper
My Questions to You
- What was your 2017 most anticipated book that disappointed you?
- Which books are you eagerly awaiting for 2018?
- Who’s your least favourite author? Why?
- What would you like to see authors incorporate into their stories that you don’t see now?
- Which character in a series you’d love to fight?