This week has been so hectic, and it’s halfway through. 😐 So to brighten my week, I thought I’d do a new tag. I found it on Thrice Read. And if you have any chance to head to there, do it! You won’t be disappointed.
Three Read Once and Loved Authors
Kelley Armstrong – I’ll always read what she publishes. She brings a unique and honest perspective and shows how mental illness and trauma brings complexity to stories.
V. E. Schwab – I’ve read most of her work, but she’ll be one of my favourite authors.
Leigh Bardugo – I know I’ve mentioned her before, but her writing is just a gem to read. I absolutely adore her books, her characters, and her as a person.
Three Titles I’ve Watched But Haven’t Read
(I’ve read and watched most of the last book/movie, but I haven’t finished it yet)
Three Characters You Love
Kaz Brekker – He is utterly and beautifully broken, and yet that what makes him a flawed yet perfect character. He taught me so much, and he showed me things I didn’t want to tackle in my past.
Elias Veturius – His character arch in A Reaper at the Gates nearly broke me, and I’m counting down the days for the final book.
Jude Duarte – She is such a devious, cunning, and surprising character. I wasn’t sure if I’d like her when I first read The Cruel Prince. But she has become one of my favourite female characters.
Three Series Binged
Three Unpopular Bookish Opinions
- Fandoms are killing my love reading. I used to love them. But now, I can’t stand to connect with them. I wish fandoms wouldn’t cause internal battles. I’ll stay away from the Maas and Shadowhunter fandoms because the authors’ fans are too hostile and refuse to see the issues in the books.
- I wish more readers won’t so extreme with sexuality. One reason why I don’t want to connect with the ACOTAR fandom is because a character can either be straight or gay, not bi. I’ve had people downright all be a homophobe when I mentioned that Mor from ACOTAR is bi but homoromantic.
- I want authors to make real female villains who weren’t created “evil” because a man wronged them. I want a woman to be bad because she chooses to be.
Three Current Favourite Book Covers
Three Goals for the Year
I hope for the following:
- Find the right balance in life and blogging. Sometimes I feel like I’m trying to catch up with one or the other.
- Start to tackle my TBR list instead of just read new releases. I have so many books I haven’t read yet, and I wish I read more quickly to get to them.
- Expand my blog. I hope to take more risks, meet more people, and try books I usually won’t read.
Again, you don’t need to feel obligated to do this tag, but I think you might love it. If you don’t want to, that’s fine. But if you do, link me back! More importantly, have fun with it!